Wednesday, July 15, 2009

moving.....

Here's our new house. It's a great house for us.



Well, yesterday & today the movers are here packing up everything. We have much!!! They allowed 2 days to pack and 1 day to load. However, 2 people came yesterday and only finished the 1st floor. We still had the garage, under the deck, craft room (that's a day right there), and the attic! So, today they came with reinforcements. I think they'll get it done. I have to say that if anyone has to move; hiring movers to pack is a great way to go. Although, I probably would never want to pay for it! Thankfully, this one is on the company.


I've been getting a little nostalgic about leaving. I've been living in Tennessee for 15 years; this feels like home to me. We're so settled and Franklin is a great town with every amenity available at your fingertip. We've got great friends and so do our kids. I keep telling myself that it's not forever and that we'll be back and I know we will, but it'll still be different than doing life with my friends on a day to day basis. Let's face it, we've moved to 3 houses in our sub-division so we wouldn't have to leave our friends or our favorite school. Now, I'm not only moving out of the sub-division, but out of the state! I guess I would describe this move as bitter sweet.


I'm going to miss everything about our life in Franklin, but I'm excited about Jay not having to travel as much. I'm excited for Jay & his new job. He seems to be looking forward to the challenge of this promotion. Our new house is beautiful and the schools seem really good. I think Sophie & Christian will be getting a great education and athletics play a big part at the school which will keep Christian interested. The flip side is that I think they both may need tutoring, but that may be another post? Right now, I'm just going to be glad to not be living in boxes! And, my kitchen has double ovens!!!! Ooh, I guess that means I'm going to have to use them. ha! ha!


see you all in a couple days...


No comments:

Post a Comment