Saturday, April 9, 2011

Busy, busy

Chica Boutiqua is coming up this Saturday, April 16 from 10-4 at the Zionsville Town Hall and you don't want to miss it. I have been so busy this past week. I've got some new designs going on and Nature's Karma over in Carmel at Clay Terrace just got them in about a week ago. It's perfect for summer. Handbags with a beautiful flower on each one that compliments each handbag. And, in case you are wondering the flowers are made from fabric scraps that I have been saving a LOOOONG time! Melissa, the owner at Nature's Karma, is great! She just called me up and said it was time to replenish for Spring and so she bought up all of what I had - which I wasn't quite prepared for, but it was a definite blessing! So, I've been in my studio this week working feverishly to get ready for Chica Boutiqua and I think you're going to find that special handbag or piece of jewelry that you've been looking for. I'll have plenty of tshirts, hopefully some pillows and new jewelry with sea glass from Puerto Rico! (This is what happens when you love to make stuff) :) Here's some earrings that I've been working on. They're a double strand of sterling silver chain with 3 freshwater pearl bobbles.





This little trinket bracelet is made with artisan silver, leather and gemstones that range from turquoise, jasper, agate. It's unique as you can tell.


Here's another bracelet that I did. This one's a little different; it has the artisan silver heart dangling and no leather piece on the side. All of these will be at Chica Boutiqua or you can visit my ETSY website:




Here's the store front at Nature's Karma. This store carries great fair trade items, an array of unique gift items and a great line of skin care products developed by the owner, Melissa. Her joy is contagious!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lori! [Sorry, I have not been able to find another way to contact you!]
    I received your information from my favorite local shop, Nature's Karma. I am having a fundraising event THIS FRIDAY, Sept. 2, to support several different organizations in Africa. The event is going to be at a coffee shop in Noblesville [Noble Coffee & Tea], and I am having a silent auction and also selling some items to raise money for the orphaned children of South Africa.
    Although the event will support various organizations, the primary focus will be on the AIDS orphanage I am going to start in KwaZuluNatal, South Africa-- the AIDS epicenter of the world. I will be partnering with a children's home where I have been volunteering off-and-on for the past 5 years. Due to the intense needs and my experiences there, I am going in September to move there and start my own home. This project [Seeds Of Our Future] is in its very beginning stages-- it is not even grassroots yet-- it is the seed before the root! :o)
    I am contacting you because I chose 3 local artisans to inquire about donation items. If you could donate one of your works of art [I love your work... has a definite African vibe to it!], that would be wonderful! If you are unable to donate, I was wondering if you would be willing for me to possibly purchase something and resell it(just at this one event!). If nothing else, you are invited to come check it out or check out our modest beginnings on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Seeds-of-Our-Future-Project/144687462268361?ref=ts

    Thank you so much for your time! Keep living out your passions and gifts through your artwork-- It is wonderful!

    Peace, Stacy
    p.s. I can be reached at MissSLBee@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete