Monday, August 2, 2010

Down, but not forgotten

This has been a very busy, busy summer. First it started with vacation, I know it's rough, we went to Atlantis in the Bahamas and it was great. We swam with the dolphins, rode waverunners and the boys even went down the Leap of Faith -> no thank you, I did not want to go straight down a slide that went thru a shark tank!

Everyone should wear a wetsuit at least once in their life!!


Sophie went to church camp in Tennessee and then I brought back 3 of Christian's good friends to visit with us in Indiana. Here we're having lunch at Bub's (local burger joint that takes your picture and hangs it on the wall if you can eat a 1 lb. burger). Christian's picture is somewhere in there!!

The Anderson's came to visit us for 3 days of total chaos. We had an absolutely fabulous time. Jay and Christian were hiking in the Rockies, so it was a total sleepover from start to finish. The kids stayed up late we were on no eating schedule and we had 3 dress designers in our midst for the stuffed squirrels we bought at the Indy Children's museum. Keleah and I solved all the world's problems. Sophie and Avery are at the Zionsville Sprinkler park in this picture.


My boys were hiking in the Rockies for a week, but now they're home and I couldn't be happier to have all my chicks in one coop. They took amazing pictures and I'm so proud of them for what they accomplished. They hiked well over 50 miles and carried their food/tent for the entire week. Not something I would want to do, but I can definitely appreciate all their hardwork getting to this hike. I can handle the Bahamas, and maybe a day or two hiking, but definitely not 8 days of the same clothes - no shower - and no toilet.



And, last not but least, I have been doing some sewing this summer and knitting. I made this knitting needle roll and have been advertising it on my ETSY website www.solstudios.etsy.com and I've been getting some great exposure. I just got contacted from a fan in England who blogged about this knitting roll and I feel so flattered. http://seconfiddlecrafts.blogspot.com
I really love sewing and knitting and making things. I'll be sharing some of my creations soon.
Tschuss!!











































No comments:

Post a Comment