Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Yippeee!!! I went for a walk today.....

Finally, we've had a crack in the weather today and Jay & I have actually been able to go outside and walk! The roads are clear from snow/ice, but the grass and cornfields that surround our house are still covered with the white stuff. We walked for about an hour and when we walked close to a sewer or stream you could hear the water pouring!! What a fabulous day.

Some of you may know that about a year and a half ago I had the opportunity to go to Malawi and serve. While I was there, I purchase a coin on a long string that I wore for a necklace until I realized that the string had some kind of oil on it that left a nice black mark around my neck ->not exactly the look I was going for! I've been thinking of how I could make a bracelet out of it and this is what I came up with. I love it! The coin is from when Malawi was owned by the English; I think and this was their money although it is no longer in circulation. I added some leather and sterling silver and then some great gemstone beads that match the style of the bracelet and me to a tea!


Because I fell in love with the bracelet I made for myself, I had to try and make something to sell and this is the first piece I've made. I love the tree of life sterling silver center piece and then, again, with the gemstones that are earthtone colors. There's some sterling silver beads, leather, fire in the sky agate, orange aqua jasper, green turquoise, cranberry jade, kingman turquoise, and african yellow turquoise. I should be listing it on my ETSY site in the next few days....



I met with my client today to design her handbag using her Dad's military uniform and it's going to be spectacular. The uniform is an Air Force dress uniform and a little faded which is going to have a great effect on the handbag and then she had all the insignia, buttons and name tape which will be added to the handbag. Can't wait to start working on it.

My sewing machine is going back into the hospital tomorrow. I took it a few weeks ago in for routine maintenance and cleaning out and I must be really hard on my machine because some of my parts on the machine are missing!!! Thank goodness I still have warranty to cover it.

No comments:

Post a Comment