Thursday, November 12, 2009

close at heart













I feel truly honored that my good friend, Ondrea, mentioned me in her blog and my latest creation which happens to be a two sided pendant with a map on it. I have been back from mission trip to Lilongwe, Malawi about 6 months and I'm forever changed. The people, joy, sadness, the smells; everything stays with me. I could spend a big part of my day looking at pictures I took while I was there. One boy, Rafik, in particular just took my heart. So, I decided that I would like a pendant with a map of where he is with a picture of him on the back. This one really makes me laugh when I look at it because Rafik has a large forehead and it's magnified by the crown he made showing that he is a son of The King. And, I had planned on making one for Hallie. And, then I told Ondrea and the rest is history! I started thinking about the map because I'm guessing that's where it starts; with a map and realizing that your child is in this location. This is where your child was born; this is where you will travel to get your child. The orphanage in this location will be forever on your mind. It will also invoke awareness to an underlying issue that there are 147 million orphans who need parents to tuck them in and help with homework.
If your interested in a pendant, I have it listed on my etsy website: www.solstudios.etsy.com or you can email me or leave me a message on the blog and I'll contact you.



1 comment:

  1. By the way.... can you make my map an actual RUSSIAN map... in Russian writing. I can probably find the locations on the internet if that helps. Let me know. Seriously, you should never tell me anything again, you know I always have to make it difficult! I love you sister.... can't wait to hear that you've submitted your I-171h and you and Jay are on the road! :) hehehe Say goodbye to "Lori time!" hahahaha I'm going to laugh my head off when you and Keleah both adopt a baby!

    ReplyDelete