Sunday, March 1, 2009

things are changing

Last night was a milestone in my house. Christian had to shave. His mustache has been growing thicker and darker for a couple months, but this week it became noticeable to EVERYONE. You could see it across the room. So, much to Christian's dismay; I told him he would need to shave. He was afraid of cutting his face, but Jay had him practice with shaving cream and no razor. And, then we went live with the razor and we had no nicks! Things happen so quick. Today, I held my friends 9 month old son and it seems like yesterday I was holding Christian. I look at Christian today and I want to hold him so tight that he will never grow up and do the same for Sophie. I want Hallie to live at home and go to college. I want to protect them forever, but I am reminded that that is not my job that God has given me. My job is to prepare my kids for life and teach them to be followers of Christ to love others as they love themselves. They need to know that being a Christian does not protect them from hard times, but it will give them hope. Our job is to raise our kids with Christian values and then let them spread their wings and fly.

1 comment:

  1. Lori--I feel your pain! I can't believe how quickly my kids are growing up and becoming little adults.

    ReplyDelete