Thursday, January 7, 2010

It's snowing ... and snowing ... and snowing

This winter has been such an eye opener for my kids. We've had snow several times this year and they still have to go to school! Buses can actually drive on the snow and just because the weatherman is predicting 7" of snow today is not going to keep the kids at home. I thought maybe we would have a 2 hour delay, but no. Then I thought maybe it was a little dangerous to let the kids ride on the bus with all the snow, but I decided the bus driver was probably a safer driver than me! I haven't driven in snow in quite a while. So, while the peace is over the land (the kids have gone to school) I decided that all my coffee clatch in Tennessee would like to see that we are still going to school today. I peeked over at Ondrea's blog and saw that Franklin cancelled school yesterday before the first snowflake fell; oh, how my new northern friends laugh!!!





Sophie getting on the bus.



Catching all the snowflakes in her mouth she can.



Posing for the camera. She was so excited to get out in the snow and wait for the bus. For her, going to school in the snow was almost as much fun as staying home. They still go out for recess. Each child brings snowpants, boots, gloves, scarf, hat & coat and they go out unless it's below zero. I would be crazy by the end of the day if I was the teacher; it's too much work to get everyone all bundled up!


something you don't see in Tennessee!!
** Sophie saw her first snowplow today!!

2 comments:

  1. From one member of the coffee clatch who WISHES her kids were in school today, I can tell you that the last photo is definitely something you would NEVER see in TN unless the weatherman forgot to let the schools know it would snow and then we had to emergency bus the kids home! :)

    Also love that she is catching snowflakes. And wanted to let you know that our note yesterday said to dress the kids warmly because they would go outside UNLESS IT WAS BELOW 32. Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous!!
    I wish I could be there with you guys!
    Sophie looks like she is just having a blast.
    Me and Logan have been talking... and we think we should try to make a trip up to you guys over our spring break. You guys won't be out, but even if just for a weekend or so, I think it would be fun. Let me know what you think!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete