Wednesday, January 7, 2009

amazing day

I just spent the most amazing day with a young lady, Katie. She's 20 years old and has an unbelievable heart for kids and God. I don't think anyone would do what she's doing at such a young age if it weren't for God. She has a home in Uganda where she employs 2 women to help raise the 10 children she has adopted and she employs 3 men who do bible studies with the families of the 191 children that she has found sponsorship for. She feeds 191 kids everyday 2 hot meals, they get medical treatment, a uniform, and education. Anyone can sponsor a child for $300/year. She was able to accomplish this on her own. There was no government agency in place to help her get set up. She bought a house in Uganda, she learned the language and at the age of 20 she has adopted 10 kids that are hers legally. She has accomplished so much, but I can't wait to see what she does in the next 10-20 years. Wow!

She gives me hope when I watch the news that there is good. She made me excited for my own journey to Malawi. I turned in our applications on Monday so we should interview soon and find out for sure if we are going.

No comments:

Post a Comment