Friday, January 9, 2009

Faithfulness

Wow! What a day! So, some of you may know that I have a small side business appliqueing peace signs and crosses on t-shirts. They are selling at the Loft and at A Thousand Faces. Naturally, after Christmas things are kind of slow and the Loft is doing an animal theme this month so I made some dog leashes and treats called Snickerpoodles. I haven't really done much with my t-shirts. A Thousand Faces was going to do inventory and let me know how many shirts they wanted to order, but wanted to keep inventory low at this time. So, I've been working on some new ideas and then today I was blown away. Linda, at A Thousand Faces, gave my name to another store owner in Brentwood and she called and ordered 24 shirts for next Thursday. She's going to start carrying my shirts in her store as well! The store is Gabriel's Garden and I'm so excited.

I've told this to a couple people, but it is so true. I've been making things for a couple years and while some things have sold they never really caught on. I had always thought that I would tithe the profit, but I never did. But, this time with the tshirts I decided to tithe and the money would all go to Malawi to the ADZIWA mission our church is working on. And, I haven't only tithed the profit, but all incoming monies have been tithed. And, every time or nearly every time God has been faithful. I tithe and customers come whether it be friends or businesses, but God has been faithful. It has really strengthened me in my faith to see that when I am faithful so is God. The flipside is that I know that even when I'm not faithful God is going to show up, but when I am in union with him great things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment