Thursday, January 1, 2009

clean slate

Hallie & Logan (boyfriend) came over today and were talking about their party they attended last night and how everyone was celebrating New Year's Eve and saying it was a "clean slate" and it got me thinking. I think it's the general concensus to think that with the new year comes a clean slate, but there's always baggage from the year before. Left over Christmas bills from an over indulged holiday, those 5 lbs. that will NEVER come off, emotional hurts from years ago. I could go on, but I think you all get the idea. Thankfully, there is one way to get a real clean slate and that's thru Jesus. We don't have to wait until January 1; we can have a clean slate anytime we want it. Clean slates don't mean everything is easy because there's always consequences. God never said being a Christian was going to be easy, but He did give us a clean slate and grace.

1 comment:

  1. I never like the new year because I sort of feel comfortable with the "known". Every time the new year rolls around I always think, "I wonder if this year will hold some tragedy, etc." And this year is already shaping up pretty poorly as I lost a family member 2 days in... although, actually, losing my grandma was actually a blessing... but I digress... I guess late night grief will do that to you. I'm going to go now because I'm in danger of highjacking this post! :) Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete